This position has been filled.
Mercy Medical Group (MMG) is a 460 provider member, physician-owned multispecialty group practice headquartered in Sacramento, CA. MMG has a long history of service to the community, providing outstanding levels of clinical quality and service to patients served. The Group has maintained a consistent history of profitability. MMG serves a significant patient population under full-risk managed care contracts and continues to hone its already high level of sophistication in Value Based Care models.
MMG is seeking a visionary, collaborative and strategic leader to serve as Chief Medical Officer. The CMO will serve as the key connector of business administration, the Dignity Health Medical Foundation (DHMF), clinicians, patients and the public. He/she will be expected to lead with vision to attract the best talent and incorporate changes to the medical practice that enhance patient and provider outcomes, engagement and satisfaction. As CMO, this leader should be skilled at inspiring, collaborating, and delegating to achieve the organizational vision and evolve the model of care delivered. The successful candidate will drive excellence in quality and safety to provide a best in class environment for patients and providers. Extensive clinical and leadership experience will be required to understand complex systems and critical issues, some of which may require high levels of personal attention.
The Chief Medical Officer reports directly to the CEO of MMG and will become a partner in the Group. A significant number of key leaders within MMG report to the CMO including Department Chairs, Site Medical Directors, Managed Care, Quality, Informatics, GME and Research.
Affiliated with Dignity Health (now part of CommonSpirit, a nearly $30B multi-state health system) MMG is viewed as a leading multi-specialty medical group and the prototype for expansion into new markets. MMG and Dignity Health are committed to aggressively taking health care to the next level as a leading value based care delivery system. The CMO is positioned to play a central role.
- Board Certified MD or DO, licensed in CA or able to obtain California licensure.
- MBA or similar advanced degree preferred.
- 5+ years of clinical practice and 5+ years of medical executive experience.
- Background in ambulatory care delivery with knowledge of operations and workflow optimization.
- Working experience in a highly complex healthcare delivery environment and an organization that has substantial exposure to full risk managed care contracts.
- Keen financial intellect and strong quantitative/analytical acumen.
- Comfortable working in an environment with multiple medical group sites of varying sizes and geographies and matrixed organizational structures.
- Able to foster a collaborative environment between the hospital Presidents, the Foundation and MMG.
- Proven ability to lead large scale change and effectively prioritize the implementation of multiple initiatives across a complex organization.
- Effective, controlled, and congenial leadership presence with extraordinary influencing skills—assertive but not abrasive; able to remain poised under pressure with strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Strong mentor to prepare the next generation of MMG physicians to assume leadership positions.
- Servant leader mindset.
- Decisive even in a fluid environment.
- Strategic thinker with an appreciation for implementation and high-performing operations.
- Possesses exceptional organization and system improvement skills.
- Embraces innovation.