This position has been filled.
The Mankato Clinic is a physician-owned, multi-specialty group practice in south-central Minnesota. With more than 90 physicians and 60 midlevel providers located across 10 sites in five communities, the Mankato Clinic employs more than 750 people and ranks among the top 15 employers in the region. Of those 150 providers, half provide primary care and half provide specialty care to members of the community. The Mankato Clinic’s Main Street facility is a modern, three-story building that adjoins the community’s hospital. Included in the Mankato Clinic’s seven regional satellites are two clinics attached to an ambulatory surgery center — the Wickersham Health Campus and Children’s Health Center.
The Mankato Clinic believes that patients and their families deserve the best healthcare available, and provides patients with a full spectrum of specialties, services, and programs. The Mankato Clinic also employs a team approach that ensures patients have access to the resources of the entire clinic staff and the support they need to thrive.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, The Chief Medical Officer of the Mankato Clinic is an administrative leadership position that also provides some direct patient care. The Chief Medical Officer provides leadership and oversight of provider-related services, risk management and clinical quality. The Chief Medical Officer is the medical voice of the Clinic and serves as its spokesperson on health-related matters to the community, media, stakeholders and general public.
- Physician executive leadership background directing clinical performance improvement and quality programs within a medical group, health plan, hospital, or health care system.
- Dynamic knowledge of outcomes measurement, clinical quality, and utilization.
- Ability to lead organizational change in a complex environment.
- Background operating in an accountable care or value-based reimbursement environment.
- Exemplary communication and presentation skills.
- Attained board certification in a clinical field and a minimum of seven years as a practicing physician. MBA, MMM, MPH or other advanced degree preferred.
- Experience in value-based risk and process improvement are preferred.