This position has been filled.
Located 60 miles east of Pittsburgh, PA, the independent, 164-bed, acute care community-owned Indiana Regional Medical Center (IRMC) is the sole community provider for this college town and rural county. IRMC’s vision is to be the best community hospital in the country. IRMC is cultivating a culture of continuous improvement through its adoption of LEAN improvement techniques and a daily management system. IRMC has also integrated the concepts of the Baldrige Performance Excellence program into its leadership system. Named to the Fortune 100 List of Best Places to Work in 2010, IRMC has earned several accolades for being a great place to work. Additionally, IRMC has earned high marks in physician satisfaction and engagement, and the medical center places a high priority on the patient experience. Overall scores in outpatient departments are often in the 90th percentile based on Press Ganey surveys. Nearly every specialty of medicine and surgery is represented on the active medical staff, with most physicians in private practice.
IRMC is financially sound with a very strong balance sheet and low debt. It has been recognized twice by Healthcare Executive magazine as one of the fastest growing hospitals in the country, despite no growth in service area population or local industry. The Board of Directors is composed of community leaders who highly value the hospital’s role in the community and the importance of remaining independent.
The IRMC Physician Group has over 50 providers and is growing rapidly. It is a physician-led organization, unique among hospital-employed groups in the area. IRMC Physician Group (IPG) is a multi-specialty subsidiary of IRMC providing convenient, comprehensive, and personalized care to communities in and surrounding Indiana County. The group consists of board-certified physicians who utilize the most up-to-date technology and a patient-centered care model. This network of experienced physicians, surgeons, and caregivers strives to provide clinically excellent health care in a setting where patient needs come first.
Reporting to the President and Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Medical Officer serves as the senior physician leader responsible for overseeing clinical quality and outcomes, and spearheading the establishment of standardized, evidence-based care protocols in partnership with medical staff while providing strategic direction and facilitating strong communication between the medical staff and administration to ensure positive relations. The Chief Medical Officer is the key liaison for physician relationships, engagement, and accountability to achieve the mission and strategic goals of the organization. The Chief Medical Officer leads performance improvement, risk management, patient safety, and quality-related activities of the medical center. Additionally, the Chief Medical Officer will align medical staff goals with the site, market, and organizational objectives and strategies.
- MD or DO license issued by the state of Pennsylvania, or the ability to become licensed in the state.
- Advanced degree in a field directly related to healthcare business management highly desirable (MBA, MHA, or related degree).
- Seven or more years of management experience in directing medical operations, performance improvement and quality programs, an attained board certification in a clinical field and 10 years as a practicing physician.
- Demonstrated excellence in clinical care and superior performance in physician leadership roles which includes quality and utilization management, clinical effectiveness and outcomes, clinical staff development, case management and clinical protocol development.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of current trends in health care delivery, including the development of alternation delivery systems, care management, managed care, physician practice models, physician payment issues and access to health care.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to successfully interact with physicians and employees at all levels throughout the organization and within the community.