This position has been filled.
Esse Health is an independent physician group of over 100 physicians with 39 clinical locations across the St. Louis metro area, offering allergy and immunology, family medicine, gastroenterology, internal medicine, orthopedics, pediatrics, radiology and urology. An innovator in the assumption of risk for over 20 years, Esse Health maintains highly successful value-based reimbursement arrangements. Esse Health’s adult and pediatric primary care offices have all been designated NCQA Level III Patient-Centered Medical Homes. Esse Health is a recognized leader in the utilization of healthcare technology and physician accountability to advance quality and improved cost-of-care approaches.
The Chief Medical Officer, Esse Health, will be responsible for all performance improvement, clinical quality and outcomes measures, assuring the implementation of clinical best practices across the group. As a member of the senior leadership team, the Chief Medical Officer, Esse Health, will provide clinical strategic direction, collaborate on growth and development, and maintain relationships with external entities such as health plans, hospitals, and other providers.
- Physician executive leadership background directing clinical performance improvement and quality programs within a medical group, health plan, hospital, or health care system.
- Dynamic knowledge of outcomes measurement, clinical quality and utilization.
- Proven acumen bringing sound data, innovative approaches and a spirit of partnership to the table to drive success.
- Background operating in an accountable care or value-based reimbursement environment highly preferred.
- Exemplary communication and presentation skills; MBA, MMM, MPH or other advanced degree preferred.
- Attained board certification in a clinical field and a minimum of 7-10 years as a practicing physician.