This position has been filled.
Founded in 1905, Moneta Group is a financial advisory firm providing Family CFO Services to a select group of successful families. It is one of the largest, independently owned financial planning organizations in the US. The firm focuses on wealthy individuals, providing services in investment management, retirement and estate planning, tax strategies and accounting services, insurance planning, and a variety of other customized individual and small business financial services needs. The overarching philosophy is to provide best-in-class customer service and advice to assure that clients achieve their financial goals and objectives.
To continue serving their clients with the highest degree of leadership and investment performance, Moneta Group is seeking a Chief Investment Officer (CIO) to direct all aspects of the firm’s investment strategies and programs. The CIO provides leadership and oversees the research, evaluation, and selection of asset classes and investment vehicles, and makes decisions which align investment selections with the organization’s goals. The CIO will represent the firm in public forums and with clients and prospects, and act as standard-bearer for Moneta’s investment philosophies.
- The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree.
- CFA designation is desirable, as is a Master’s degree in Finance or Economics.
- A minimum of ten years’ experience in investment management and analysis is required.
- A clear understanding and experience in the application and use of Modern Portfolio Theory practices is essential.
- Proven strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills are essential, as is a professional personal presence and the ability to act as an external representative of the firm.