This position has been filled.
Emerson Electric is a Midwest-based, diversified and decentralized company which emphasizes manufacturing excellence and total quality management throughout its multiple divisions serving a wide range of markets. This is a customer-driven enterprise making use of information technology to enhance and leverage the strength and reputation of its brands to deliver the best solutions for its customers.
Accountable for providing overall leadership for Information Security across the organization worldwide, the successful candidate will serve in a policy oversight role, providing security guidance and leadership. This will involve developing IS Security plans, policies, best practices, and implementing strategies for improving the company’s security posture in the global marketplace. The CISO will Chair the Office of Data Management, overseeing data privacy and data export control, and will serve in a leadership capacity on other corporate level IS teams and committees.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or information systems.
- MBA and/or CISSP certification is a plus.
- Candidates should have twelve to fifteen years’ work experience involving IS security management, ideally including at least three to five years’ experience as a Chief Information Security Officer.
- Strong background in developing measurement methodologies and metrics for tracking and reporting on the company’s IS security posture.
- Familiarity with a security program consisting of the eleven dimensions of the ISO 17799 framework, and experience in overall information security policy creation, implementation, maintenance, and compliance.