This position has been filled.
Norton Healthcare is the Louisville area’s third largest employer, providing care at more than 250 locations throughout Greater Louisville and Southern Indiana. The not-for-profit health system includes five Louisville hospitals with 1,837 beds; 21 outpatient centers; more than 14,000 employees; more than 900 employed medical providers; and approximately 2,000 total physicians on its medical staff. Norton Healthcare provides inpatient and outpatient general care as well as specialty care including heart, neuroscience, cancer, orthopedic, women’s and pediatric services. A strong research program provides access to clinical trials in a multitude of areas. In 2016 Norton Healthcare was named by Healthiest Employers as the seventh healthiest place to work in the country. For more than a century, the patients have trusted the Norton name for dedicated and compassionate care. Norton Healthcare is nationally recognized for its quality transparency and shows its patient satisfaction scores and performance on almost 600 nationally recognized quality indicators and practices. In 2016, Norton Healthcare had 2.8 million outpatient visits and 68,189 inpatient admissions.
The Chief Human Resources Officer will provide leadership, strategic direction, and operational oversight to all areas of human resources functions at Norton Healthcare, including but not limited to: strategy and operations, talent and workforce management, total rewards, data analytics/technology, affirmative action, organizational development, and diversity and inclusion. As both a strategic and operational leader, the Chief Human Resources Officer will serve as a key strategic partner on major human resources and organizational initiatives. As a strategist in a matrixed organization, the Chief Human Resources Officer will partner with leaders at all levels to attract, develop, and retain the workforce needed in a transforming healthcare environment while driving operational efficiency and service excellence. The Chief Human Resources Officer will lead by being a credible, approachable, visible, and accessible collaborator as well as a champion for Norton Healthcare as the best place to receive care and the best place to provide care. The Chief Human Resources Officer will cultivate an engaged and high-performing workforce and a culture that supports Norton Healthcare’s strategy, mission, vision and values.
- Minimum of seven years of strategic human resources executive leadership experience. Background developing a highly effective, service oriented and cost-effective human resources infrastructure and a progressive human resources model utilizing best practices. Healthcare leadership experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience aligning people strategies with business strategies. Proven track record of working effectively in complex, matrixed, multi-site organizations, managing senior staff and participating collaboratively as a strategic member of the senior leadership team.
- Strong technical skills including expertise in employee relations and engagement, talent management and development, total rewards design and administration, organizational development, employee safety, health and wellness, diversity and inclusion, and employee communications.
- Innovative and results-oriented approach, with demonstrated ability to balance system strategy with day-to-day operations while maintaining employee advocacy and support for organizational strategy and goals.
- Master’s degree in human resources management, business administration, or a related field is required. Certification in professional human resources disciplines desirable.