Located in Oskaloosa, Iowa, Mahaska Health is comprised of a critical access hospital, a Medical Group with 27 providers, and two offsite primary care clinics. As a public entity with 450 employees, Mahaska Health is dedicated to serving the patients and community with a commitment to exceptional customer service and health improvement, linking the science of medicine with the humanity of compassionate care.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Financial Officer will be responsible for the overall strategic financial performance of Mahaska Health and all ongoing daily financial operations. The CFO will establish financial goals and objectives for the organization, provide oversight for expense management, effectively manage costs, assets and investments, and share financial trends. This position plays an essential leadership role in setting the tone as a member of hospital leadership and building a positive culture throughout the organization. This leader will collaborate with the Chief Executive Officer, physician leaders, and the collective management teams to ensure continued growth and refinement of services that fulfill the organization’s aims to help improve the health of people in the communities and regions served by Mahaska Health.
- Senior financial management experience within a critical access hospital is required;
- A minimum of five years of experience in hospital financial management experience required;
- Proven track record of developing and monitoring capital and operational budgets in support of strategic performance goals with demonstrated experience leading cost savings initiatives;
- Experience in leading value based contracts and direct-to-employer contracts is preferred;
- Exceptional leadership capabilities and experience reporting to the Finance Committee of a local Board of Directors or governing board;
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or related field – Master’s Degree preferred; Master’s in accounting or healthcare administration preferred;
- Demonstrated commitment to the community, unquestioned integrity, and high level of professionalism.