This position has been filled.
Lake Region Healthcare is a freestanding health system comprised of a 108-bed community hospital, the Prairie Ridge critical access hospital, a multispecialty clinic, Walk-In Clinic, outreach clinics in Battle Lake, Barnesville, Ashby and Elbow Lake, the Cancer Care and Research Center, and Mill Street Residence Assisted Living Community. Lake Region Healthcare was named a Top 100 Rural & Community Hospital in the US in 2017 by The National Rural Health Association’s Rural Health Policy Institute.
With more than 80 medical staff and over 900 employees, the Lake Region Healthcare team is dedicated to serving the patients and community with integrity, teamwork, compassion, and excellence. In 2015, the organization opened the doors of a new 80,000 square foot clinic building on the main campus. Lake Region Healthcare recently opened a cancer center which includes radiation therapy and infusion services, and was designated as a Level III trauma facility in July 2018. The main campus is the sole provider hospital in Fergus Falls, Minnesota. The surrounding communities offer beautiful scenery, friendly atmospheres, and a host of outdoor and family activities.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Financial Officer will be responsible for the overall strategic financial performance of Lake Region Healthcare and all ongoing daily financial operations. This role will establish organization-wide financial goals and objectives along with initiatives and reporting mechanisms, and provide effective leadership related to the allocation of financial resources across the health system. This role will staff the Finance Committees of the Governing Boards.
- Senior financial management experience within a community hospital, critical access hospital, or acute care facility, preferably in a rural setting;
- Proven track record of developing and monitoring of capital and operational budgets in support of strategic performance goals;
- Demonstrated ability to manage all aspects of financial operations, including: financial planning, accounting, budgeting, general ledger, accounts payable, capital expansion, and payroll;
- Exceptional leadership capabilities and experience reporting to the Finance Committee of a local Board of Directors or governing board;
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA and/or CPA required;
- Demonstrated commitment to the community, unquestioned integrity, and high level of professionalism.