This position has been filled.
Hunter Engineering Company is the global leader in automotive service equipment. The company has built a reputation for visionary leadership and innovation since 1946. Today, Hunter remains family owned with consistent growth in domestic and export markets. Headquarters are in St. Louis, with subsidiaries in Canada and Germany. The company has approximately 950 employees and annual sales of approximately $500 million. Hunter’s product line includes wheel alignment systems, suspension and brake testing systems, wheel balancers, brake lathes, tire changers, and vehicle lifts. Its products are sold to a global market through a network of distributors and national accounts. Hunter’s customers include car and truck manufacturers, automobile and truck dealers, franchised and independent service shops, and service facilities around the world. All design, manufacturing and assembly occurs in company-owned facilities located in Missouri and Mississippi. Hunter sets the standard for product quality in over 100 countries.
Reporting to the CEO, the Chief Financial Officer is an integral member of the executive management team who will be responsible for all aspects of accounting and financial management and various administrative activities. This leader will oversee more than 80 employees in Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, Service Center and Canadian Operations and will manage service providers in Legal, Insurance, Financial Audit, Labor Relations and Pension Management. The CFO will be responsible for providing sound business advice, based on accurate and timely oversight and review of all financial statements and reports, managing all tax/audit issues and overseeing the treasury functions for the business. This executive will also be responsible for all human resources and legal activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required; MBA/equivalent strongly preferred.
- A minimum of fifteen years’ progressive experience in accounting and financial management within a private company; Manufacturing industry experience preferred.
- Experience in an executive financial management role with additional corporate administrative activities.
- Experience in managing outside consultants (i.e. financial auditing, legal, insurance).
- A high level of integrity, a strong work ethic, the ability to work independently, and a commitment to maintaining the company core values and culture.
- Polished communication skills with strong executive presence.