Heritage Operations Group is privately owned and was founded by three Bloomington area families in the early 1960s. The organization has grown steadily through the years and today operates 54 care facilities in the state of Illinois that are managed by 4,000 administrators, staff and providers in a non-union environment. There are approximately 2,000 residents who call Heritage their home across a full spectrum of services: independent living, assisted living, memory care, supportive living and skilled nursing. Green Tree Pharmacy is a strategically important part of the Heritage organization and operates as a state-of-the-art pharmacy that was created to meet the needs of the seniors Heritage serves.
The culture at Heritage is best described by the word “Family,” a feeling consistently shared by residents and employees alike. The strong and positive culture has played an essential part in the generation of consistently strong quality scores and the excellent reputation Heritage enjoys in the communities it serves, as well as among its peers and competitors.
More can be learned about the history and services provided by Heritage Operations Group on its website: www.heritageofcare.com.
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is responsible for directing and overseeing the financial activities of the corporation, directing the preparation of current financial reports and summaries, and developing financial forecasts. In addition, this position oversees financial goals, objectives, and budgets; the investment of funds and management of associated risks; supervises cash management activities and directs financial operations to include Medicare/ Medicaid funding, cost reports, accounts receivable and accounts payable functions.
The CFO will provide direct leadership to the Controller, Accounts Receivable Manager and Staff Accountant, Budget and Cost Reports with a total staff of nine people operating from company headquarters in Bloomington, IL. The CFO will report directly to the CEO, serve as a member of the executive leadership team, and will attend board meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business is required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant with public accounting experience strongly desired.
- Ten or more years of related experience with at least seven years of experience in health care accounting is required.
- Understanding of and the ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting, long term care regulatory standards, accounting/collection procedures as related to Medicare/Medicaid programs.
- Highly motivated and dependable with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines with attention to detail and maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, must be thorough and keenly focused.
- Ability to formulate and recommend policies on banking, receipt, and disbursement of funds, extension of credit, fiscal and accounting matters.
- Excellent office functions and computer proficiency a must – with special attention to Microsoft products or similar software and accounting software.