This position has been filled.
Broward Health seeks a new Chief Financial Officer for Broward Health Medical Center, the flagship facility for Broward Health. Broward Health Medical Center includes over 700+-beds, Level I Trauma Center, Comprehensive Stroke Center, and Comprehensive Cancer Center. Broward Health Medical Center also includes the main site for the Salah Foundation Children’s Hospital, and serves multiple residency programs including family medicine, pediatrics, general surgery, orthopedic surgery, and dermatology. Under leadership of new CEO Shane Strum, Broward Health will continue its vision to provide world-class healthcare to all.
Broward Health is our nation’s fourth largest public hospital system, with 5 hospitals and over 1,500 licensed beds. Providing service for more than 80 years, Broward Health system includes the Broward Health Medical Center, Broward Health North, Broward Health Imperial Point, Broward Health Coral Springs, Salah Foundation Children’s Hospital, Broward Health Weston, Broward Health Community Health Services, Broward Health Physician Group, Broward Health Urgent Care, Broward Health International, and Broward Health Foundation.
This role will be located in beautiful Fort Lauderdale, Florida – a community of high population growth and low taxes.
- Undergraduate degree required; graduate degree with financial or business-related focus and/or CPA desired.
- Prior experience within a complex integrated delivery system is highly preferred; experience within a safety-net hospital or flagship facility of a health system is highly desirable.
- 10 years of progressive leadership experience in finance, preferably in a complex healthcare setting is required; strong financial operations experience is key to success in this leadership role.
- Track record demonstrating the ability to effectively navigate a complex system environment with a broad geographically distributed footprint and a local community delivery network with a local brand and an organized workforce.
- Possess a track record indicating deep knowledge of the underpinnings of financial statements and their operational and clinical translation via the cost accounting system and business plans.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage internal and external “facts” to assist in driving clinical, operational, and financial decision making for complex organizational issues.
- Displays leadership skills for successfully recruiting and maximizing diverse teams. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and the ability the build and work effectively in a collaborative team environment with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community. Excellent written, oral, and electronic communication skills.
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of financial analysis, general accounting, and budget management principles and practices relative to healthcare institutions, enhanced business practices, integrated business management principles and practices, generally accepted accounting principles, and financial reporting processes and procedures.