This position has been filled.
Manna Pro Products, LLC, is a $140 million manufacturer and marketer of nutrition and care products for a broad range of companion pets, with headquarters in St. Louis, MO and manufacturing facilities in California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Ohio and Pennsylvania. Customers include major retailers, including Wal-Mart and Tractor Supply, as well as a network of farm and home chains and distributors. The company has grown dramatically over the past 8 years (69% increase in revenue, 128% increase in EBITDA), with about 20% of this growth from acquisitions and the remainder from organic growth fueled by new products and increased retail distribution. A controlling interest in the company was recently acquired by Broad Sky Partners, a sector-focused private equity firm specializing in middle market companies whose principals have a strong track record in creating value in a number of industries, including pet food. Broad Sky’s intention is to continue to augment Manna Pro’s organic growth drivers in addition to using the company as a platform to add strategic acquisitions.
The CFO is an integral member of the executive management team and the CEO’s right hand person in executing the company’s growth vision with responsibility for leading its financial, accounting, treasury, tax, and planning functions. He or she will manage the Accounting/Finance and Human Resources departments and will interact regularly with the Board of Directors. This individual is responsible for providing sound business advice, based on accurate and timely budgeting, forecasting, reporting, analysis, and control of the P and L and balance sheet. Safeguarding the assets of the company, ensuring the integrity of financial reporting, and the treasury function are other key responsibilities. This position is further responsible for managing Human Resources, to ensure all people resources are aligned with overall company strategies and objectives.
- Requirements include a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- A CPA, MBA, or Master’s in Accounting or Finance is preferred.
- Candidates should possess a minimum of ten years of experience in Finance and Accounting, with a minimum of five years at a senior level.
- Public Accounting experience, particularly on the audit side, would be considered a plus.
- Proven track record as a high-performing and proactive self-starter who accepts responsibility for accomplishing personal, group and company objectives on time and on budget.
- Experience working in a rapidly-growing company is strongly preferred.
- Well-rounded, multi-discipline background/experience, to include an understanding of manufacturing-based businesses.