This position has been filled.
The South Bend Clinic is the largest physician owned and led multi-specialty group in the State of Indiana. With more than 90 physicians in ten different locations, The South Bend Clinic provides a range and quality of health care that is second to none. The South Bend Clinic employs a staff of nearly 700 at its seven campuses in South Bend, Mishawaka, Granger, and New Carlisle. These combined facilities serve nearly 300,000 patients a year.
Within the framework of the objectives and policies as established by its Board of Directors, the Chief Executive Officer of The South Bend Clinic will have overall responsibility for the strategy, direction, operations, and development of The South Bend Clinic. The Chief Executive Officer develops a qualified management team and appropriately delegates authority and responsibility to members of the team. The Chief Executive Officer acts as the Clinic’s spokesperson and liaison to the local and regional community and to the media regarding issues affecting the Clinic and general healthcare related matters in the region. The Chief Executive Officer reports directly to the Board of Directors, supervises all department administrators, and oversees the activities of all clinic staff and activities. Subordinate executives and staff managers include the Chief Compliance and Risk Management Officer, the Chief Human Resources Officer, the Chief Financial Officer, the Chief Operating Officer, the Chief Information Officer, the Director of Communications and Public Relations, and an Executive Administrative Assistant.
- Bachelor’s degree and postgraduate education (MBA/MHA) required.
- Successful track record of senior level management within an independent multi-specialty medical group, integrated delivery system, hospital-based physician group, or related group practice environment.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of current trends in healthcare delivery, including the development of alternative revenue streams, care management, managed care, physician practice models, physician payment issues and access to healthcare.
- Strong financial and operational knowledge and leadership experience within a complex group practice setting.
- Experience and exposure with managed care, including knowledge of and experience with managed care contracting.
- Highly effective interpersonal and communication ability. Ability to cultivate and develop communications strategies for a complex multi-site organization.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Unquestioned ethics and integrity.