This position has been filled.
Founded in 1942 by five physicians, Ochsner Health is Louisiana’s largest non-profit, academic, healthcare system comprised of more than 30,000 employees and over 4,500 providers in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties. Ochsner provides coordinated clinical and hospital patient care, all connected electronically to provide convenience for their patients, across the geographic region by Ochsner’s 40 owned, managed and affiliated hospitals and specialty hospitals and more than 100 health centers and urgent care centers.
Ochsner Health is deeply dedicated to their patients and honored to be recognized by U.S. News & World Report as the only nationally ranked hospital in Louisiana and Mississippi and the only ranked children’s hospital in Louisiana.
Ochsner Northshore has grown to a regional healthcare network providing comprehensive care by over 300 providers. This is a large, complex and rapidly growing healthcare delivery region with multiple hospitals and a strong ambulatory presence. In the last five years, Ochsner has significantly broadened the Northshore footprint through partnerships, expansions, joint operating agreements and group practice growth.
The Chief Executive Officer of the Northshore and Mississippi Gulf Coast Region will be responsible for the strategic vision, long-term planning and overall accountability for the region with significant emphasis on group practice growth across all markets. This leader will help develop and communicate organizational and regional mission goals and objectives, and will provide leadership and direction in the planning, implementation, and evaluation activities of all areas of responsibility. Additionally, the CEO will lead key individuals across the organization and will work in partnership with the physician-dyad leader, existing hospital boards, joint operating agreement stakeholders, and physician leaders to ensure an organized and fully integrated continuum of care for the region.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA) or Healthcare Administration (MHA), or a related field.
- Ten years of progressive leadership experience with increasing responsibility in healthcare environment.
- Strong relationship building history and experience with successful progressive operational leadership responsibilities with emphasis on continuous improvement.
- Evidence of having worked with, managed, and developed meaningful relations with various Boards of Directors.
- Significant experience in successfully managing complex physician practices and hospital patient care delivery.
- Able to effectively build positive, constructive relationships in a truly collaborative way to assure the overall strategic goals and objectives for the region are achieved.