Clinica Sierra Vista is one of the nation’s largest Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs), operating thirty-one comprehensive primary care community health centers in the rural and urban areas of Kern, Fresno, and Inyo counties of California. This encompasses several thousand square miles of farmland, desert, and mountain areas. Clinica Sierra Vista’s community health centers provide comprehensive primary and preventative health care including medical, dental, and behavioral health services in areas where access to health care has historically been inadequate. Additionally, Clinica Sierra Vista operates multiple health education, prevention, and case management programs. With more than 165 dedicated and skilled clinical providers, Clinica Sierra Vista received a 10-year Accreditation by the American Council for Graduate Medical Education in 2017 and offers a strong Family Practice medicine residency program.
The Chief Executive Officer will provide mission-driven leadership to grow and expand Clinica Sierra Vista’s programs to serve the needs of the community. The Chief Executive Officer will be responsible for the overall strategic, financial, and operational success of the organization. The Chief Executive Officer will be a visible leader in the community, working with other local health care delivery systems to improve access and quality of care. This role will represent Clinical Sierra Vista at the national, state, and local government level.
- Experience leading a large group of providers in a multi-site setting, either in a multi-site FQHC or large medical group. Strong candidates will have experience with HRSA funded community health center programs, demonstrated skills in visionary leadership and strategic thinking with a results-oriented approach.
- Proven leadership skills including organizational development, personnel and fiscal management, fund development, strategic planning and the establishment of collaborative relationships with diverse constituents.
- Extensive history in successful applications for private and public grants, team leadership, and strong financial management skills.
- Experience working with a diverse Board of Directors, an appreciation for the rural setting and the challenges it brings in providing health services, as well as an ability to communicate effectively in public situations, including media and public policy environments.
- At least 10 years of successful and progressively growing responsibility in health care leadership, with at least 5 years at the senior leadership level. A Master’s Degree in Business or Healthcare Administration or related field is also a requirement.