Lexington Clinic was established 100 years ago as a multispecialty medical group and has thrived as an independent provider of the highest quality healthcare services in central Kentucky. The organization has over 200 providers and delivers services in more than 30 specialties in over 25 locations. Annual outpatient visits exceed 600,000 and the Clinic operates the busiest outpatient ambulatory surgery center in the State of Kentucky. Its staff of approximately 1,200 employees delivers care in Fayette and contiguous counties with a few outreaches just beyond this geography. It is an exciting time at Lexington Clinic as it prepares to open its new state-of-the-art facility in 2021.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Chief Executive Officer will be responsible for the efficient and effective management of all Clinic administrative, operational and financial functions as well as the development and execution of short- and long-term strategic plans. In concert with a highly engaged Board, this leader will play an integral role in enhancing Lexington Clinic’s market position, reputation, and visibility as a prominent medical group. The CEO will assure the Clinic is positioned as an innovator within the healthcare reform landscape while maintaining sharp focus on delivering the highest level of quality care.
- M.D. or D.O. degree with experience in patient care, administration, and healthcare leadership or a bachelor’s degree, master’s degree in finance, business administration, or a related field.
- Progressively responsible senior/executive level leadership roles within a large, multi-specialty group practice (independent medical group setting preferred).
- Exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization and with key stakeholders to form strategic alliances and advance the organization.
- Demonstrated success growing patient volume, expanding services, recruiting physicians, and advancing a practice in a competitive market.
- Strong financial acumen and demonstrated experience managing fiscal performance.
- Inspiring visionary and team-builder who can motivate others and build collaboration.
- Proven success fostering productive relationships with the Board, leadership, medical staff, employees, and external constituencies.
- Strong analytical skill set with sound judgement and the ability to develop creative and strategic recommendations.
- High intelligence, the utmost level of integrity and dependability, a strong work ethic, and keen focus on achieving results in an accurate and timely fashion.