This position has been filled by Stuart Spechler, MD.
Baylor University Medical Center at Dallas (BUMC) is the lead hospital of the northern division of Baylor Scott & White Health, the largest not-for-profit healthcare system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With total assets of $8.6 billion and serving a geographic area larger than the state of Maine, Baylor Scott & White Health has the vision and resources to provide its patients continued quality care while creating a model system for a dramatically changing health care environment. The organization now includes 46 hospitals, more than 500 patient care sites, more than 6,000 active physicians, 36,000 employees and the Scott & White Health Plan.
The Chief of Gastroenterology is responsible for overseeing the Division of Gastroenterology and collaborating with the administration on the delivery of GI services at Baylor University Medical Center. The Chief will provide strong leadership, expanding the division’s clinical and research programs, assist in recruiting high caliber talent into the organization, and promoting quality of care. S/he will support the provision of a strong customer service orientation toward patients, affiliated providers, and referring community physicians.
- MD, board certification by ABIM with subspecialty board certification in Gastroenterology.
- Able to obtain a license to practice medicine in Texas.
- In order to promote BUMC programs and to be credible in the recruitment of high-caliber physicians to BUMC, this individual will be of the highest professional standing.
- Demonstrated leadership skills required to effect improvement in clinical operations, recruitment, quality, research, teaching and team building for the Division of Gastroenterology.
- Financial management skills and experience in the business operations of a large and complex service.
- This individual will be provided the necessary financial resources to accomplish these goals and be given a strong position within the hospital hierarchy.