The Guthrie Clinic is a non-profit integrated health system comprised of five hospitals, Guthrie Medical Group with over 600 physicians and advanced practitioners, 32 regional offices in 23 communities, home health and home care services, and a Research Institute. Serving North Central Pennsylvania and South Central New York, Guthrie manages more than 1.2M patient visits a year and in 2015, it became the first PA and NY based healthcare organization to join the Mayo Clinic Care Network. With a strong commitment to education, Guthrie has residency programs in Internal Medicine, General Surgery, Family Practice, Emergency Medicine, Anesthesiology, Orthopedic Surgery, Nursing and Pharmacy, as well as fellowships in Cardiovascular Disease, Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care Medicine, and Gastroenterology.
The Guthrie Clinic is seeking a strategic and transformational physician leader to serve as Chair, Department of Medicine. Reporting directly to the President of Guthrie Medical Group, the Chair will serve as a key clinical leader and member of the senior executive committee, building on the clinical, education and future research excellence of the Department. Importantly, the Chair will play a crucial role in developing the department’s strategic direction, growing clinical programs, expanding faculty, enhancing quality and outcomes, mentoring key leadership, and facilitating the health system’s transition to a comprehensive teaching hospital, especially through graduate medical education.
- An M.D. or D.O.; Board certification in Internal Medicine and/or one of its subspecialties.
- Possession of, or eligibility for, a medical license in Pennsylvania and New York.
- A minimum of 10-15 years of postgraduate clinical experience in the field, gained within a major teaching hospital or academic medical center environment.
- Five or more years of successful and progressive leadership experience in a Chair, Associate Chair or Division Chief role.
- A track record of scholarly activity, academic accomplishments, and professional service with experience and stature necessary to ensure the continuation and enhancement of the clinical, educational and future research missions of the Department of Medicine at Guthrie Clinic.
- Academically eligible for faculty appointment at Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine.
- Experience developing physician leaders and a reputation for mentorship and development of junior staff/faculty.