Centra Health is a $1.4B health system with 4 hospitals, 164,000 ED visits, 8,500 employees, and more than 500 employed providers offering care in over 70 locations. Centra Health serves more than 500,000 people throughout central and southern Virginia.
The Executive Medical Director, Primary and Accountable Care Organization will oversee the direction of patient care for the Primary Care Service Line and the ACO. This includes ambulatory care throughout CMG primary care service area, as well as clinical, operational, and strategic development of value-based reimbursement arrangements. Centra Health participates in a Medicare Share Savings Plan (MSSP) Track One ACO and multiple other value-based reimbursement arrangements.
The ideal candidate will offer:
- Completion of medical degree and residency training in a primary care or related specialty; with active board certification.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in direct patient care.
- Minimum of two years direct clinical operations experience.
- Working knowledge of physician and/or hospital-based contracting, P4P programs and care management models (ACOs, medical homes).
- Ability to lead and execute within a matrix management structure.