As one of the top-performing academic, non-university cardiovascular medicine and surgery programs in the country, Lankenau Heart Institute (LHI) at Main Line Health (MLH), is located in the western suburbs just outside of Philadelphia. LHI is structured as a service line across the four system hospitals (Lankenau Medical Center, Bryn Mawr Hospital, Paoli Hospital and Riddle Hospital) as well as several ambulatory and imaging cardiovascular sites, and in concert with the Lankenau Institute for Medical Research (LIMR), which conducts both basic and clinical cardiology research within MLH, treats patients with cardiovascular disease at every stage at all four hospitals. LHI is consistently ranked by patient preference as one the top two sites in the region for cardiovascular care.
Lankenau Heart Institute is seeking a Cardiovascular Surgeon to develop and retain a high-volume surgical practice, with a team orientation and experience in groups practicing all aspects of cardiovascular surgery, including CABG, valvular, aortic surgery, TAVR and VAD/ECMO.
Lankenau Heart Institute was established in the Fall of 2013 with the goal of offering a unified system of cardiovascular care to better serve communities in the Philadelphia area. In August 2013, Lankenau Medical Center opened the state-of-the-art, five-story Heart Pavilion—the largest expansion project in Lankenau’s history. Construction of this advanced concept facility solidified Main Line Health’s commitment to meeting the region’s diverse cardiovascular needs.
In the realm of cardiac surgery, Lankenau Heart Institute is proud to uphold the reputation for excellence, innovation, and research in cardiac surgical care earned over the past 50 years. Cardiovascular surgery is performed at two main sites, Lankenau Medical Center and Paoli Hospital, both offering high-quality surgical care. Lankenau Medical Center is ranked fifth in Pennsylvania and second in the region for overall heart surgery volume and remains one of the most active medical centers performing coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) procedures.
Lankenau Heart Institute was listed among Becker’s Hospital Review’s “100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Heart Programs,” and U.S. News and World Report named Lankenau “Among the Region’s Best” as one of the top five hospitals in the region and among the top 10 in the state of Pennsylvania. The magazine also recognized the system for its high performance in aortic valve surgery, heart bypass surgery and heart failure.
- An MD or DO degree with board certification in Cardiothoracic Surgery, and an unrestricted Pennsylvania state medical license.
- Participate in and contribute to relevant professional organizations, conferences, committees and meetings to promote LHI’s reputation for excellence. Interface, as appropriate, with other regional/national cardiovascular programs.
- Maintain an open and minimally invasive practice and provide outstanding clinical care, quality, and service to the patients.
- Establish personal and professional credibility for Lankenau Heart Institute’s cardiovascular services by working closely with both physicians to build trusting partnerships. Establish credibility and solid working relationships with service line staff, management and administration while being visible, aware and proactive.
- Serve as a key spokesperson for and promoter of the cardiovascular surgery service of Lankenau Heart Institute, which includes presenting at national and international conferences.
- Strong interest and history of success in performing and obtaining funding support for research that will enhance cost effective and evidence-based patient care and maintain academic and research credentials and relationships preferred. (e.g., AHA, NIH, other major cardiovascular surgery clinical trials organizations, or industry).