WMCHealth is a 1,700-bed healthcare system headquartered in Valhalla, New York, with 10 hospitals on seven campuses spanning 6,200 square miles of the Hudson Valley. WMCHealth employs more than 12,000 people and has nearly 3,000 attending physicians. From Level 1, Level 2 and Pediatric Trauma Centers, the region’s only acute care children’s hospital, an academic medical center, several community hospitals, dozens of specialized institutes and centers, a state of the art Telemedicine program, skilled nursing, assisted living facilities, homecare services and one of the largest mental health systems in New York State, today WMCHealth is the pre-eminent provider of integrated healthcare in the Hudson Valley.
Westchester Medical Center, the flagship hospital for WMCHealth, is the Hudson Valley region’s advanced medical care and referral hospital. Sharing a campus, it is the primary teaching affiliate for New York Medical College. Each year, more than 120,000 patients receive care at WMC in every clinical specialty through the main hospital, the Maria Fareri Children’s Hospital – the only all-specialty children’s hospital in the region – and the Behavioral Health Center.
The Cardiothoracic Surgery Program at Westchester Medical Center seeks a well-trained Cardiothoracic Surgeon with interest in clinical academic surgery and robotic/minimally invasive and/or transcatheter techniques. The Cardiothoracic Surgeon will have broad capabilities in the surgical management of adult cardiac surgery; capabilities in aortic surgery, transplant and mechanical assist devices are desired. The program is ranked among the top 10 percent of cardiothoracic programs in the United States and offers patients access to the latest surgical techniques. Our team has expertise across the spectrum of cardiothoracic procedures. From coronary bypass grafting (CABG) to minimally invasive mitral valve repairs to repair of complex thoracic aortic aneurysms, our surgeons rely on their extensive experience to deliver outstanding results.
- MD, eligible for or possessing American Board of Thoracic Surgery certification.
- Eligible for or possessing unrestricted licensure New York State.
- Broad capabilities in the surgical management of adult cardiac surgery, with specialty training or experience in robotic/minimally invasive and/or transcatheter techniques.
- Capabilities in aortic surgery.
- Effectively collaborate with colleagues and communicate with referring doctors to expand business and provide best possible care for patients.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.