Novant Health Forsyth Medical Center is seeking a Cardiothoracic Surgeon in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. Forsyth Medical Center is a 921-bed tertiary medical center, the largest hospital in the Novant Health System. The hospital ranks in the top 10 percent of all cardiac surgery programs in the nation, offering a newly created VAD and ECMO program as well as active TAVR, Robotics, CABG, and a wide array of other cardiothoracic surgery services.
This role will be part of the Novant Heart and Vascular Institute, a fully-integrated, multi-disciplinary service line for all cardiac, vascular and thoracic services that includes 54 physicians, 112 advance practice clinicians, over 41,000 IP/OP acute cases and nearly 30,000 new patient encounters annually.
Novant Health has nationally ranked heart and vascular care teams dedicated to improving the quality of life for patients through advanced treatments. Novant Health’s cardiac care is ranked among the best in the nation and many of the system’s facilities have earned recognition such as:
- Top 10 percent for treatment of heart attacks nationally.
- Top national ranking for heart surgery.
- Highest designation for chest pain center accreditation.
- Top 25 in the nation for quality improvement for surgical patient care.
- Team oriented surgeon, skilled in all aspects of cardiac surgery, including CABG, valvular, and aortic surgery. VAD and ECMO experience strongly preferred.
- Board certification in cardiothoracic surgery.
- Strong clinical acumen; ability to engage and grow an active and thriving program.