Blanchard Valley Health System (BVHS) is a non-profit, integrated regional health system based in Findlay, OH, comprised of an award winning acute care facility, critical access hospital, multispecialty physician group, and renowned senior living facilities, as well as other services offering the full continuum of care to the community. The 3,000 associates at BVHS share a passion for serving the healthcare needs of those in Hancock and surrounding counties, with a particular emphasis on those most vulnerable. Individuals continually work both independently and collaboratively to fulfill the organizational vision: “Extraordinary people. Exceptional care.”
Blanchard Valley Health System’s commitment to high-quality, patient-centric care has earned it a number of awards and recognition by numerous state and national organizations. Because of its success in earning the Governor’s Award for Excellence, which is the state level Baldrige-based award, the health system will apply for the coveted Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award in 2020. Other recent notable awards are listed below:
- Blanchard Valley Hospital was named a Watson Health Top 100 Hospital six times, including 2018.
- Blanchard Valley Hospital was named a Truven Analytics Top 100 Hospital in 2018.
- Birchaven Village, a division of Blanchard Valley Health System, was named to the list of Best Nursing Homes 2018-19 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Blanchard Valley Hospital was named in Top “100 Great Community Hospitals” for 2018 by Becker’s Hospital Review.
Blanchard Valley Health System is seeking a committed, passionate and dynamic leader to serve as Senior Vice President of Operations, a senior executive role in the highly successful organization. This leader will serve as a member of the Executive Steering Council (ESC), functioning as a senior decision maker for the health system. The successful candidate will ensure that reporting departments, including Laboratory, Cardiovascular and Imaging Services, Perioperative Services, Anesthesia, Pharmacy and Supply Chain, Support Services, Northwest Ohio Medical Equipment (NOME), and Technicore (a bio-medical engineering joint venture headquartered in Findlay, OH), consistently perform at or above organizational goals related to metrics, including clinical quality, patient and associate safety, customer experience, associate engagement, growth and cost. He or she will continue to ensure organizational goals are met and sustained.
Additionally, the Senior Vice President of Operations will promote positive relationships with physicians and manage various contracts and joint venture arrangements associated with areas of responsibility. He or she will be expected to be actively engaged in community activities, participating on local boards and in charitable organizations involved in community improvement. The successful candidate must possess extensive leadership experience and exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to resolve disagreement and conflicts productively. Previous executive experience in leadership decision-making outside core areas of expertise is strongly desired.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, healthcare or a related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in healthcare with increasing levels of responsibility managing multiple departments or services.
- Demonstrated ability as a leader and in managing quality improvement processes.
- Experience leading and implementing lean six sigma principles highly desirable.
- Knowledge of and experience with scorecard/measurement systems.
- Must reside in the BVHS service area (i.e., Findlay or Bluffton, OH).
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a broad range of personality types through listening, empathy, and the ability to share and receive ideas in an open and forthright manner.
- Will embrace creative problem solving and contribute innovative ideas to assist the Health System in achieving true north metrics.