This position has been filled.
Blanchard Valley Health System (BVHS) is a non-profit, integrated regional health system based in Findlay, OH, comprised of an award winning acute care facility, critical access hospital, multispecialty physician group, and renowned senior living facilities, as well as other services offering the full continuum of care to the community. The 3,000 associates at BVHS share a passion for serving the healthcare needs of those in Hancock and surrounding counties, with a particular emphasis on those most vulnerable. Individuals continually work both independently and collaboratively to fulfill the organizational vision: “Extraordinary people. Exceptional care.”
Blanchard Valley Health System’s commitment to high-quality, patient-centric care has earned it a number of awards and recognition by numerous state and national organizations. Because of its success in earning the Governor’s Award for Excellence, which is the state level Baldrige-based award, the health system will apply for the coveted Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award in 2020. Other recent notable awards are listed below:
- Blanchard Valley Hospital was named a Watson Health Top 100 Hospital six times, including 2018.
- Blanchard Valley Hospital was named a Truven Analytics Top 100 Hospital in 2018.
- Birchaven Village, a division of Blanchard Valley Health System, was named to the list of Best Nursing Homes 2018-19 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Blanchard Valley Hospital was named in Top “100 Great Community Hospitals” for 2018 by Becker’s Hospital Review.
Blanchard Valley Health System (BVHS) is seeking a Chief Medical Officer (CMO) to fill a senior executive position within the health system. This leader will serve as a member of the Executive Steering Council (ESC), functioning as a senior decision maker for the health system. The CMO ensures that reporting departments, including Quality, Care Transitions and the Medical Staff Office, work collaboratively across the health system to implement strategic objectives and best practices to ensure high quality care for patients. This leader will promote positive relationships with physicians and medical staff and assist the President of the medical staff in committee meetings and various medical staff functions in accordance with medical staff by-laws.
The Chief Medical Officer actively collaborates with medical staff through Hancock Medical Group to further refine and ensure success of the organization’s co-management structure. The successful candidate will be engaged in community activities, participating on local boards and in charitable organizations involved in community improvement and community health.
This senior physician executive role within the health system reports directly to the President and CEO of BVHS. The successful candidate must possess extensive clinical expertise as a physician, proven leadership experience and exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to resolve disagreement and conflicts productively. Previous experience in leadership is strongly desired.
- Physician licensed (or able to be licensed) to practice medicine in the State of Ohio, must meet all qualifications for membership on the active medical staff at BVHS.
- A minimum of 10 years’ prior experience actively practicing medicine in a clinical setting is required.
- A minimum of 5 years’ previous physician leadership experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability to manage quality improvement processes.
- Ability to develop process and procedure, as well as standards for clinical practice.
- Proven ability in recruiting providers, must be able to develop a cohesive recruitment plan.
- Knowledge of and experience with scorecard/measurement systems.
- Must reside in the BVHS service area (i.e., Findlay or Bluffton, OH).
- High degree of intellectual curiosity.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a broad range of personality types through listening, empathy, and the ability to share and receive ideas in an open and forthright manner.