This position has been filled.
As the primary healthcare provider for the Gasparilla Island community, Boca Grande Health Clinic is dedicated to meeting the primary healthcare needs of residents, workers, and visitors. The Clinic is staffed year-round with board certified physicians providing primary and urgent healthcare services. Governed by an elected Board of Directors, the Clinic is supported by the generosity of community members who are committed to ensuring that the Clinic remains a premier healthcare provider for Gasparilla Island.
Reporting directly to the Board of Directors, the Chief Executive Officer will be a multi-skilled leader with responsibility for the overall vision, long-term direction and daily operations of the Boca Grande Health Clinic. The CEO will be accountable for leadership development, resource allocation and marketing strategies of the Clinic and all related departments and services. The CEO will ensure that the Clinic runs efficiently, effectively, and delivers distinctive clinical quality and patient satisfaction results. This leader also will establish, communicate and ensure the achievement of organizational and departmental missions, goals, and objectives, as well as provide leadership and direction in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of activities. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and managing a broad array of services and programs. S/he will oversee all staff and serve as the Clinic’s primary representative to the public.
The Chief Executive Officer will:
- Oversee daily administrative functions and financial operations; develop policies, procedures, workflow processes and staffing guidelines.
- In collaboration with the Board of Directors, will develop and update strategic long-range plans to support the Clinic’s philosophy and goals.
- Forecast fiscal, manpower and technology needs based on input from physicians, staff, patients and other key resources for long term growth, vision and planning.
- Assure provision of high-quality service and care; apply national best practices and utilize benchmarking and metrics to monitor and improve performance.
- Serve as a critical liaison between Board, physicians, staff and other key constituents.
- Interface regularly with the community through effective communication and public relations programs serving as spokesperson with the media and promotion of Clinic services.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s in Healthcare Administration, Business or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 7 successful years of executive level experience, including administration of an ambulatory outpatient clinic.
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated skills in operations management, process improvement, and innovative problem solving.
- Polished oral and written communication skills and experience reporting to a Board of Directors.
- Patient-centric leadership with proven ability to promote clinic integration within the community and to foster collaborative relationships.