This position has been filled.
AvMed is a Florida-based health plan headquartered in Miami with regional offices in Fort Lauderdale, Gainesville and Orlando. Approximately 230,000 members count on AvMed for their Employer Group, Medicare and Individual and Family plan coverage. J. D. Power ranked AvMed “Highest in Member Satisfaction among Commercial Health Plans in Florida, Eight Years in a Row.” AvMed topped the region in the following study factors: cost, provider choice, customer service and billing and payment. In addition to NCQA accreditation, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has awarded AvMed Medicare 4 out of 5 stars for quality and performance.
The Senior Vice President, Population Health and Chief Medical Officer will be responsible for advancing the overall medical strategy through advanced care management and population health initiatives. This position will effectively and efficiently leverage technology, people, process, and data in delivering and differentiating member health and wellness. The Senior Vice President, Population Health and Chief Medical Officer will oversee medical management, quality and accreditation, wellness strategy, clinical pharmacy management, and clinically related vendor relationships.
The successful candidate will offer:
- MD or DO degree with current board certification, and 5 years of clinical experience in the practice of medicine. Masters such as MBA, MHA, MPH preferred;
- Active state license or ability to obtain an active state license, without restrictions, sanctions, or limitations;
- Ideally 15 years of experience within a managed care entity, health insurance company, or complex provider entity assuming full risk; preferably with a minimum of 5 years at the executive level;
- In-depth knowledge of population health management strategies; medical management operations & innovation; quality & Stars rating improvement approaches; medical cost analytics, and risk score management;
- Strong business acumen and executive presence; ability to understand business, legislative, regulatory, and competitive environments; confident presentation manner and ability to present before large employers and governmental/community leaders.