Intermountain Healthcare is a not-for-profit health system based in Salt Lake City, Utah, with 22 hospitals, a broad range of clinics and services, about 1,400 employed primary care and secondary care physicians at more than 185 clinics in the Intermountain Medical Group, and health insurance plans from SelectHealth. Intermountain Healthcare was established in 1975 when The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints donated its then 15-hospital system to the communities they served. Intermountain was formed as a secular not-for-profit organization to administer those hospitals.
Intermountain Medical Group clinics provide patients with convenient access to primary care, urgent care, occupational health clinics, and specialty care. More than 1,600 physicians and advanced practice clinicians lead caregiver teams at about 180 clinics. Caregivers put customers and patients first. In addition to advancing the quality of care and healing experience during clinic visits, they are working on new ways to reach out and meet people wherever they may be.
The Associate Chief Medical Officer (ACMO) for the Community-Based Care Group is responsible for clinical and value excellence in the community setting. The position will provide physician leadership for the Intermountain Medical Group clinics, Homecare, Senior Services, Community Health and Population Health. The ACMO will set the clinical care standards in safety, quality, patient experience, access, and stewardship, and define excellence in performance in HEDIS, pay for performance dollars, and other quality and value metrics. The ACMO for the Community-Based Care Group will be responsible for a successful SelectHealth/Intermountain integration, and successful candidates will have strong experience with Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs), Medicare Advantage, dual-eligible populations, and Managed Medicaid programs.
- MD or DO and a Master’s degree in Business, Healthcare Administration, Public Health or other business-related field. Education must be obtained through an accredited institution and will be verified. Active Utah Medical Licensure, or ability to obtain, required.
- Ten years of progressive healthcare leadership experience.
- Demonstrated experience working with Medicare Advantage plans and ACOs.
- Experience with Medicare/Medicaid Advancements.
- Demonstrated a high level of clinical and leadership competence in his/her field of practice.
- Strong business acumen coupled with a deep understanding of the linkage between clinical outcomes and financial or business performance.
Intermountain Healthcare, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment and makes good faith efforts to ensure equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected military or veteran status, pregnancy, or genetic information, in accordance with the requirements of federal, state, and local law.