FHN is a regional healthcare system committed to the health and well-being of the people in northwest Illinois and southern Wisconsin. FHN offers 11 regional locations in six counties including the FHN Memorial Hospital, four Family Healthcare locations, three Specialty Care locations, the FHN Leonard C. Ferguson Cancer Center, FHN Family Dental Care, and the FHN Family Counseling Center. With more than 100 medical and allied health staff across more than 39 specialties, FHN is the only healthcare provider in the service area offering affiliations with the University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics in Madison, WI, and with all three major hospitals in Rockford, IL, The Freeport Illinois page is searching for a new assistant vice president of nursing services.
FHN is committed to their employees and patients which is why the organization consistently ranks highly in patient and employee satisfaction. FHN attracts a talented and dedicated workforce and maintains a low employee turnover rate. This organization has received numerous accolades including Working Woman magazine which named FHN one of the best places for mothers to work, and the AARP which recognized FHN as one of the 25 Best Employers for Workers Over 50.
The Assistant Vice President of Nursing Services facilitates, evaluates, and supervises programs, projects, and functions of Nursing Services to achieve departmental goals, budgetary targets, advance the delivery of quality patient care, and promote professional standards in accordance with hospital policy, Joint Commission standards, and CMS conditions of participation. The Assistant Vice President of Nursing Services collaborates with the Chief Nursing Officer on activities related to clinical operations, quality improvement, patient experience, and risk management activities of the division. Additionally, this leader implements changes in policy, programs, and physical resources required to achieve hospital objectives. The Assistant Vice President of Nursing Services is dedicated to the advancement of the nursing profession within the community and at the state level.
- RN with an undergraduate degree required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Proven success with at least three years of progressive management experience in nursing administration and clinical nursing.
- Ability to analyze and resolve challenges related to fiscal, human resources and operational efficiency.
- Demonstrated commitment to management and leadership development through participation in meetings, professional memberships and continuing education.
- Polished executive presence, stellar interpersonal and written communication skills.