Ahead is a venture capital-backed outpatient psychiatry practice aiming to become the leading brand in ambulatory behavioral health in the United States. Their focus is on providing a seamless evaluation and treatment option for adults with common conditions like ADHD, depression, and anxiety. Ahead combines telemedicine technology, in-person clinical evaluation, and simple, patient-focused medication delivery when appropriate. There is no better option for patients who are looking for help in a way that fits seamlessly in their busy lives and is as frictionless as possible.
The organization launched in August 2019 and already has a waitlist of over 2,000 potential patients. Ahead’s clinical program today focuses on ADHD, depression, anxiety, PTSD, and bipolar 2 disorders. They currently have four locations around the United States including San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego and New York. The goal of the organization is to continue to provide high quality behavioral healthcare while growing rapidly.
We have partnered with Ahead to recruit an experienced, entrepreneurial National Medical Director. This leader will enjoy the unique opportunity to manage all national clinical locations for Ahead. Poised for growth, this opportunity is about taking the organization to the next level.
Candidates for this role must live Ahead’s mission and have a passion for providing care to the patient population it serves. The National Medical Director leads performance improvement, resource management, and quality related activities of the provider group. This leader serves as the senior physician responsible for formulating standards of care and ensuring the highest levels of clinical quality and outcomes. As part of the senior leadership team, the National Medical Director participates in providing strategic direction, ongoing growth and development, and facilitates communication throughout the provider group to ensure positive relations.
- Licensed or qualified for medical licensure to practice in the State of California.
- Some involvement in active clinical practice strongly desired – roughly 20%.
- Board certification in the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
- Distinction within the behavioral health medical community and possesses reputation for clinical excellence.
- Extensive clinical and administrative experience, including direct involvement in managing a clinical.
- Ability to motivate and maintain effective working relationships throughout the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions, take appropriate action, and follow up.
- Willingness to travel to clinics throughout the country.