This position has been filled.
More than 110 years since it was founded, Piedmont Healthcare is known as a leading health system in cancer care, treatment of heart disease, and organ transplantation with 11 hospitals, 27 urgent care centers, 555 Piedmont practice locations and more than 2,300 Piedmont Clinic members in the greater Atlanta area. Piedmont Healthcare’s more than 22,000 employees dedicate themselves to making a positive difference in every life they touch, and the system’s commitment doesn’t stop there. In FY 2019, Piedmont Healthcare provided more than $340 million in uncompensated care and community benefit programming in an effort to better the health and well-being of the people in the communities it serves. In May 2019, Piedmont became Great Place to Work-Certified™ and in June 2019 was named by Forbes as one of the Top 10 Employers in Georgia. Piedmont Healthcare enjoys a strong and stable financial position with an AA- rating from S&P Global Ratings.
The Chief Financial Officer will sit on the Piedmont Leadership Team and will be responsible for leading and inspiring finance-based departments. This leader will play an integral role in enhancing Piedmont’s market position, reputation, and visibility as a prominent healthcare system. He/She will be responsible for the planning, implementation, management, and control of all financial activities of the system. The Chief Financial Officer will join Piedmont Healthcare at an exciting time, following what has been a period of rapid growth of the system – even in challenging times.
- Bachelor’s degree and master’s degree in finance, business administration, or a related field required. CPA licensure strongly preferred.
- 10+ years in progressively responsible senior/executive level financial leadership roles. While health system experience is most relevant, there is strong interest in identifying finance talent from other industries.
- Expert knowledge of all aspects of financial and accounting activities including treasury, financial systems, capital markets, etc.
- Profound leadership and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization and with key stakeholders to form strategic alliances and advance the finance organization as a partner and key contributor to strategic and operational objectives.
- Strong analytical skill set with sound judgement and the ability to make creative and strategic recommendations.
- Individual must have high level of integrity and dependability and be focused on achieving results in an accurate and timely fashion.