Grant Cooper has been retained to seek a General Manager for a growing, nation-wide distribution network of installation centers involved with final assembly/integration, and distribution of custom and standard truck equipment manufactured by the parent company. Our client is a recognized leader in the industry, and well-known for its commitment to quality and customer service. Senior management is team-driven and dedicated to utilizing metrics and lean manufacturing processes to achieve continuous improvement at all levels of the enterprise.
The selected candidate will be responsible for managing P&L results and all aspects of a business with a wholesale/retail operation and installation center located in a 24,000-square-foot facility on an 8.3-acre site. The selected candidate will be accountable for growing sales in a region comprised of Georgia and Eastern Tennessee, concentrating primarily on commercial dealers, municipalities, utilities and end users. This facility contains Ford, Chevrolet, GMC and Ram chassis pools. Exemplary quality, on-time delivery, meeting productivity targets, and customer focus are key measures of success.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or related; an MBA is preferred.
- Ten or more years progressive work experience in all aspects of plant or site management in a production environment involving metal fabrication, welding, painting, and general mechanical operations.
- Demonstrated exposure and the capability to undertake a P&L role.
- A strong systems background involving supply chain/materials management, scheduling, implementing “Lean” concepts, and spread sheet analytics.
- Team builder and team player, and possesses strong leadership skills.
- A background in managing shop floor operations with demonstrated experience in 6S, Lean Manufacturing, or other formal productivity improvement programs.
- Experience in line balancing and running high volume assembly operations.
- Production and/or site management experience in business sectors involving assembly and distribution of capital equipment is desirable, in addition to excellent mentoring abilities, and an orientation to achieving cost efficiency and bottom-line results.