Wake Research is seeking a Chief Operating Officer (COO) to work closely with the Chief Executive Officer in optimizing the clinical and non-clinical operations of this rapidly growing organization. The position will be located in Wake Research’s headquarters in Raleigh, NC, and will serve as a key member of the Wake Research leadership team.
Wake Research is a clinical research subsidiary of M3 USA and is one of the largest independent Phase I-IV clinical trial site service companies in North America. Wake Research’s integrated network of 16 owned and managed research sites located in seven states conducts early and late phase clinical trials across a broad range of therapeutic areas and indications.
M3 Inc. is a successful, growth-oriented public company worth more than $15 billion and growing, aimed at creating efficiencies and higher quality in healthcare. Together, they aspire to grow to over 25 locations.
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) will work closely with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Wake Research, who is an experienced and well-known industry expert, to assist her in realizing her vision of business expansion in an accelerated manner. S/he will divide the roles and responsibilities with the CEO, who is currently assuming all strategic and operational responsibilities. The COO also will be asked to bring a more methodical and standardized approach of managing the clinical and non-clinical operations at Wake Research. The key operations at Wake Research include clinical research operations, patient enrollment process, business development process, management of joint venture and other commercial partnerships, general administrative operations, and evaluation of potential acquisition targets. The successful candidate will play a significant role in building the clinical research business at Wake Research.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Health Administration or related field required.
- Ten or more years of functionally relevant experience required.
- Experience with multi-site hospital-owned or hospital-sponsored physician networks preferred.
- Strong knowledge of FDA regulations, ICH-GCP Guidelines and GCP including study management, safety management (adverse event identification and reporting, post-market surveillance, and pharmacovigilance), and handling of investigational product.
- Study and site management experience, including financial, personnel, and operational aspects.
- A proven history managing operations and consistently meeting and outperforming goals.
- Experience in enforcing standard operating procedures.
- Detail-oriented and excellent with numbers.
- Strong preference to “roll up his/her sleeves” to get things done.
- Excellent communication and people skills enabling open, transparent and effective dialog with the CEO and employees on all levels.
- Personality to work in a dynamic environment; always leading by example.
- Highly self-motivated and able to operate autonomously.
- Highest ethical and professional standards.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to quickly understand new business opportunities.
- Must reside in or relocate to the Raleigh area.