Lake Region Healthcare is a freestanding health system comprised of a 108-bed hospital, multi-specialty clinic, the Prairie Ridge critical access hospital, a Walk-In Clinic, outreach clinics in Battle Lake, Barnesville, Ashby and Elbow Lake, the Cancer Care and Research Center, and Mill Street Residence Assisted Living Community. Lake Region Healthcare was named a Top 100 Rural & Community Hospital in the US in 2017 by The National Rural Health Association’s Rural Health Policy Institute.
With more than 80 medical staff and over 900 employees, the Lake Region Healthcare team is dedicated to serving the patients and community with integrity, teamwork, compassion, and excellence. The main campus is in Fergus Falls, MN. The surrounding communities offer beautiful scenery, friendly atmospheres, and a host of individual and family activities. In 2015, the Organization opened the doors of a new 80,000 square foot clinic building on the main Fergus Falls campus. Lake Region Healthcare recently opened a cancer center on the main campus which includes radiation therapy and infusion services, and was designated as a Level 3 trauma hospital in July 2018.
The Chief Financial Officer is responsible for the daily financial operations, strategic financial outlook, leadership and performance of Lake Region Healthcare (LRHC) and its affiliated companies and subsidiaries, which includes the role of Chief Financial Officer of Prairie Ridge Hospital & Health Services, a Critical Access Hospital of which Lake Region Healthcare is the sole member. S/he will develop a culture that is conducive to effective teamwork by recognizing both the internal and external customers and will embrace and model the organization’s values of patient centered care. Personal commitment will be demonstrated through open and clear communication, appropriate utilization of resources, recognition of opportunities for quality improvement, and the demonstration of a proactive approach to problem solving. Additionally, s/he will model personal compliance with organization policies, including confidentiality, and demonstrate commitment to further education to enhance personal improvement.
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university in accounting or finance and an MBA, MPA or equivalent advanced degree required.
- At least 10 years of increasing executive responsibilities in organizations of comparable or larger size and reputation.
- Demonstrated financial leadership experience and significant achievements as a senior finance executive of such an organization.
- Must be a Certified Public Accountant.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with health organization financial leadership, including: budgeting and finance planning, revenue cycle, business office, tax matters, banking, investments, PPS experience, critical access hospitals, provider-based clinic billing, home office cost experience, 340B regulations, and finance and departmental regulatory affairs.