Inova Fairfax Medical Campus (IFMC) in Falls Church, Virginia, is the 923-bed flagship facility of Inova Health System serving Northern Virginia, the Washington, DC metro area and beyond. Home to Northern Virginia’s only Level 1 Trauma Center, IFMC includes Inova Children’s Hospital, Inova Women’s Hospital, the Inova Heart and Vascular Institute, and is home to a robust organ transplant center. IFMC is an independent academic medical center and serves as a regional medical school campus. It also provides residency and fellowship training programs, both independently and through multiple graduate medical education partnerships.
Inova Health System is comprised of five hospitals with more than 1,800 licensed beds and 16,000 employees. This $3.3 billion system, up almost 10% in operating revenue in recent years, has been recognized for its success and commitment to quality care.
- Financial analysts awarded Inova a “AA+” S&P rating
- First and only hospitals in the DC to receive 5 out of 5 stars for quality by CMS
- Ranked by US News & World report and Becker’s Hospital Review as being among the best hospitals in the DC area
- Gold seal of approval by the Joint Commission in numerous fields, including joint replacement, spine surgery, NICU, and cardiology care
The Washington, D.C. area is one of the most educated and affluent areas in the United States and boasts a highly diverse population of more than 6 million people. With some of the nation’s most prominent academic and health care systems, DC is a place constantly striving for innovative change and improvement for the future.
The Northern Virginia region consists of a large, vibrant, and fascinating urban area along with suburban and rural communities filled with a wide variety of cultural activities, museums, entertainment, shopping, festivals, outdoor recreation, great restaurants, and of course ample opportunity to rediscover our nation’s history.
The Chief Executive Officer of Inova Fairfax Medical Campus (IFMC) is the principal leader of all activities at IFMC and the associated entities including the Inova Fairfax Hospital, Inova Women’s Hospital, Inova Children’s Hospital, and the Inova Heart and Vascular Institute. This position includes all the operational and financial authority for IFMC and requires the incumbent to lead and develop a high functioning team of renowned physicians and hospital administrators, develop and execute on strategic plans consistent with overall Inova goals, manage clinical affairs, interface with leaders across the Inova System, and develop expanded and lasting relationships with the private practice providers across the region.
The ideal candidate will offer:
- A medical degree (required) with an additional advanced degree in health services or business administration preferred.
- 10 or more years of senior executive leadership experience within a large regional tertiary care center, academic medical center or highly ranked health system.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing nationally recognized clinical services including physician leader recruitment, program planning and execution, and service line management.
- Strong record of collaboration and customer service orientation toward physicians and the communities served. Experience with collaborative and successful business arrangements that support growth and address community health care needs.
- Polished executive presence and public speaking skills, clear written and verbal communications skills and exemplary facilitation background.